Image credit coming soon.
Continuum Training, A Moving Inquiry, Module 1 : Principles & Values
May 18-21, 2023
Somatic Academy of Berlin
Every somatic movement practice encompasses principles and values that guide the methods it embraces. Principles serve as the fundamental truths and foundation for the practice, while values are what is important within the art of the practice.
In this first module of the training we focus our learning on deepening our understanding through practices of breath, sound, movement, touch, and witnessing along with non-verbal creative expression and verbal dialogue; as they express principles on which Continuum is founded:
- Learning through self-inquiry,
- Attuning to the silent level (non-words) movements of our being,
- The human body is a fluid organism in resonance with all life on this planet and with the movements of the cosmos; and
- Movement is what we are.
We will also offer our enduring interested and open attention to the values of:
- Awakening sensation awareness,
- Exploring micro and macro movement expression, developing sequences and layering in service of deepening inquiry,
- Developing more language at the descriptive level of our experience,
- Slowing down, pausing, and suspending habitual movement, thought, and feeling patterns; and
- Opening to the emerging unexpected and discovery of new meaning.
By focusing on the principles and values of Continuum, the intention of this first module is to provide a well-grounded experience in the foundations of Continuum to support further modular study and your ongoing development as a teacher/practitioner.
For info about the entire training go to: https://www.somatische-akademie.de/trainings/continuum/123?event=continuum
May 18-21, 2023
For full information regarding this module and the Continuum: A Moving Inquiry Training, please visit: